Today I could extend my MiniWebService (Which is freeware !!!) with a new great feature which will help ConfigMgr Admins to maintain their devices.
Typically we write some information, like the Staging date and all the device variables to the local registry during OSD. The new feature allows administrators to update these Device Variables from ConfigMgr in the registry. So they can be used trough Hardware Inventory in Reports or Collections Queries (You can’t use Device Variables directly in reports or queries).
- Download baseVISION MiniWebService
- Install netECM:MiniWebService on your ConfigMgr Server (Manual can be found here)
Now you can request the variables with the following PowerShell Script:
|$p = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri http://localhost/netECMMiniWebService/TSClient.svc
$varsJson = $p.GetDeviceVariables($env:computername)
The $vars Variable does now contains a JSON serialized Dictionary object. To convert the String we can use the following commands:
$vars = $ser.DeserializeObject($varsJson)
Now you can Access the result:
|PS C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO> $vars
I hope this new feature will also help you in your environment. Other features of the free service are:
- Build better pilot rings for Updates with MEM Intune - June 13, 2021
- Automatic Intune Documentation evolves to Automatic Microsoft 365 Documentation - May 25, 2021
- Build better pilot rings for Updates with MEMCM - March 14, 2021