Assuming an installation program returns an exit code of 3010 another exit code that signals a needed reboot.
- User starts installation
User is prompted to reboot the computer but it’s optional, no reboot is forced by the SCCM client.Balloon info:
- No user is logged on
The computer will automatically restart
- User logged on
The SCCM client will show a message to the user that the newly installed software needs a reboot to complete. Until then no more software will be installed.
A countdown is shown which shows the time left until the computer restarts automatically (default 90 minutes, can be changed in Client Settings). This dialog can be minimized by the user until a specified amount of time left (default 15 minutes, can be changed in Client Settings), when the dialog cannot be hidden and the progress bar is shown in red.Balloon info:
- User has locked his computer
The computer is automatically rebooted when the countdown is over.
- Application installation inside a Task Sequence
Computer automatically reboots
- Exploring Baden, Switzerland: An Evening Guide for Workplace Ninjas Conference Attendees - August 15, 2023
- Unveiling a new version of M365Documentation PowerShell Module: Creating Markdown Documentation with Ease - July 22, 2023
- Microsoft Purview Information protect predefined permission groups demystified - February 28, 2023